Dartford Library

– Click on the image to enlarge or purchase – Dartford Library The Dartford Library was opened on January 1, 1916.  The one-story red brick building was one of only two public libraries open in the South of England during World War I.  The library is one of 660 Carnegie libraries in the United Kingdom, being built with the aid of a grant from Scottish...

Learn More

McMurran Hall

– Click on the image to enlarge or purchase – McMurran Hall McMurran Hall is located in the center of Shepherdstown, West Virginia.  It was the first building occupied by Shepherd University when the institution was formed in September 1871.  This imposing building, though, was originally planned for a different purpose. The imposing Greek Revival structure...

Learn More

St Michael and All Angels Church

– Click on the image to enlarge or purchase – St Michael and All Angels Church St Michael and All Angels Church is the Parish Church of Wilmington, in North West Kent, England. Wilmington lies on the River Darent between Dartford and Sutton-at-Hone. The original St Michael and All Angels Church was a Chapel of Ease. It was attached to St John The Baptist...

Learn More

Lantz Mill

– Click on the image to enlarge or purchase – Lantz Mill The Lantz Mill is located about two miles west of Edinburg in Shenandoah County, Virginia.  It was built on the north bank of Stony Creek, a tributary of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River.  It is a two-and-a half story frame building resting on an eight-foot high limestone foundation.  The current...

Learn More

Shenandoah County Courthouse

– Click on the image to enlarge or purchase – Shenandoah County Courthouse The Shenandoah County Courthouse is located in the center of Woodstock in the northern part of the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. Shenandoah County was formed in 1772 from Frederick and Augusta Counties. It was originally called Dunmore County after Virginia Governor Lord Dunmore. The...

Learn More

Cherry Hill Farmhouse

– Click on the image to enlarge or purchase – Cherry Hill Farmhouse Cherry Hill Farmhouse is a Greek Revival style farmstead in Falls Church, Virginia.  It was built in 1845 but its history dates back to before the Revolutionary War.  The original Cherry Hill plantation was part of a 248-acre tract of land granted to John Trammell by Lord Fairfax in 1729.  It...

Learn More
Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.